For people suffering from different types of skin issues, red light therapy is the ideal solution. It is becoming a go-to solution for people who want to experience relief from chronic conditions like joint and muscle pain. It is also helpful for people looking to reduce visible aging signs. If you think about how much time is needed for this therapy, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. However, several people have observed that they get good results with a 15-minute daily session about 3-5 times a week for several months.
The severity of skin conditions, aging, overall health, and sensitivity to light dramatically influences how long and how often you might have to bathe your skin in red light. Red light therapy is safe and doesn’t have any side effects. This therapy helps treat a variety of health issues. For the initial week, you should start with a 10-minute session daily.
While the treatment is ongoing, once a session is complete, you might feel a bit of warmth in your skin. Sensitive individuals might experience temporary redness and tightness. If you feel such symptoms, you should reduce the therapy time or move further from the device. In case you don’t experience tightness or redness on your skin, you can choose to extend your daily therapy to about 15-20 minutes.
You have to have patience while receiving this treatment as you might not notice significant changes in your skin immediately. Why? The healing procedure occurs at the cellular level, and cells require time to heal and regenerate. You might notice specific improvements after 8-12 weeks of consistently using this therapy.
Use PBM Light Therapy for Specific Conditions
Some types of skin conditions might require more intensive treatment compared to others. It might involve red and near-infrared (NIR) light alone or in a combination of red light (660nm) to penetrate the uppermost layers of skin, which increases collagen production, ATP production, and circulation.
Where can I purchase the device for this therapy?
You will find a wide variety of RLT devices offered at different rates in the market. If you are thinking of investing in red light therapy products, then ensure that it is an FDA approved device as it will help you feel the results.
What factors help you decide how often you should use this therapy?
- Tolerance – Some people might find the light slightly irritating to the eyes and skin. The effects are regular and temporary. However, the light won’t cause you any harm.
- Schedule – Some people may find the device’s red glow to be incredibly relaxing. You can meditate, do yoga, or listen to podcasts or audiobooks while the therapy is taking place. On the other hand, many people are pressed for time due to their hectic schedules, leaving little time for power sessions lasting longer than a week. As several studies have shown, red light therapy has been demonstrated to be quite beneficial, even when administered for only a few minutes.
- Device – The effectiveness of this therapy mainly depends on how powerful and efficient your device is.
- Body – Every individual’s body is different, and its way of responding to the treatment may also vary. Some people might gain muscle and lose pounds quickly, while others’ responses might be slow to the progress of the treatment. The main thing that matters here is that it is vital to remain consistent and keep track of your progress.
- Consistency & Patience is Very Important
It might take some time to start noticing results; therefore, it is essential to stick with it. You might see improvements over time. It is crucial to maintain consistency and patience while the treatment continues.
How often should this therapy be used on your face?
According to one study, red light therapy devices can be used three times a week for 20 minutes and show results in about three weeks. The more you use the LED light therapy panel, the quicker you will see results. Initially, you can start the therapy 3 times a week and up to 5 times a week if you get some time from your routine. An essential part is to be consistent in seeing the results. The best way is to receive this therapy at least three times a week.
How much does red light therapy treatment cost?
The rates of this treatment might vary a bit depending on your location, but one 30-minute session at a dermatologist’s office can cost you anywhere between $25 and $80 or more. It would help if you did thorough research regarding the treatment, its cost, duration, and the results you will get from it. It will help you make the right decision and guarantee that you are in safe hands and get the best value for your investment. Therefore, people who wish to start a new journey to achieve healthy and growing skin can consider investing in a red light therapy device.